Reviews of an e-commerce site can be just as valuable to potential buyers as recommendations from friends and family.
According to Trustpilot, 89% of buyers check out reviews before buying a product and having credible reviews becomes a deciding factor for the shopper to purchase your product or leave the store altogether.
This is confirmed by a 2020 research promoted by Hubspot, which found that 69.5% of companies admit that social proof, reviews and word-of-mouth have a direct impact in generating revenue.
The truth is that people are afraid to take chances, and prefer to follow the advice of others before making a decision.
It goes without saying that you shouldn’t just sit and wait for your customers to take action. Instead, you should actively encourage them to do so! But identifying the best customers to ask for a review, actually sending the request, moderating and answering the feedback can be a daunting task for any medium to large ecommerce.
If you really want to take advantage of customer reviews without having to spend too much time in their actual management, then having a functional product review app is a necessity.
By adding one of the best review apps for Shopify, you will be able to automatically request reviews from your clients so that you don’t need to spend any time gathering them yourself; and some of them go one step further and offer sophisticated review display widgets, SEO-friendly functionalities with moderation tools and much more.
A good product review app will help you gain customers’ trust, upsell them, and increase their conversion rate. Still not convinced? Read further!
Why do I need a review App on my fashion store?
- Increase conversion rates and ultimately sales: shopping online can be fun, but users can obviously not touch and feel the garment and evaluate the quality of your fabrics, nor can they try the garment on to see how it fits. Asking your purchasers to review your item will help the new user in understanding the quality of it, and if you go the extra mile and ask them to send a picture with them wearing it, you will have dozens of (free) models with different body types, showing how your newly launched product fits on each one of them.
- Generate trust in your new website visitors: put yourself in their shoes. They’ve never heard of your brand, they just clicked on an ad and landed in a whole new context. Why should they purchase from you? Social proof is a big lever in pushing users to convert, use it to your advantage!
- Prove that your business is legitimate. Unfortunately, scammers are all around us. Populating your fashion shop with reviews proves that you are a reputable, trustworthy brand.
- Increase loyalty in your current customers. People like to have their opinion heard. Asking for a product review is a way to show your current customers that you care about them.
- Learn from your own mistakes: this is possibly the most important point. As already explained in a previous article where we discussed tactics to increase conversion rates, negative reviews are something each ecommerce should treasure, as they provide valuable feedback that would otherwise cost time and money to collect.
Choosing the best review App for Shopify
After you’ve launched your fashion store, getting reviews is the next step that helps build credibility for your business. After all, we are social animals, and we value the opinions of others.
If you don’t show customer reviews in your clothing store, you’re missing out on one of the most powerful marketing tools there is out there —word of mouth.
On the Shopify App Store you will find hundreds of suitable options for your clothing store, all of them valuable. This article will explore some of the best review apps for Shopify in depth so you can make an informed decision when purchasing one for your clothing shop.
The next best option? Prevent the most common issue for returns and complaints in fashion: wrong sizing.
Sizing is still today one of the main reasons behind returns, and a known plague for the apparel industry. Large fashion brands have been solving the issue by adding size recommenders to their product pages, and thanks to the latest development of AI and machine learning, nowadays also small and medium businesses can take advantage of these technologies to reduce returns.
Sizefox, the latest sizing solution from the team behind Fit Analytics and Fit Finder™, targets growing businesses built on Shopify and offers both an accurate size recommender based on several body dimensions of the user and a size chart creation tool. Sizefox is free of charge, boasts a 15-minute integration and zero IT overhead, and is amongst the best Shopify Apps for clothing stores.
Let’s now check our favourite review Apps.
According to App Store reviewers, Loox is the best review app for Shopify, with an enviable 4.9 review score. What’s so special about it? It does everything expected from a review App, plus some more; not only does it add the review of the user, but also the picture of the happy customer wearing your item. These review galleries are especially useful when it comes to showing an apparel item on different body types, and help customers get a better idea of how the garment will fit.
- One click import of product reviews and photos from any source.
- Does not slow down your website:
- A CDN (content delivery network) to serve all scripts and photos in milliseconds.
- Only starts loading after the page is fully loaded.
- Fully responsive – reviews load smoothly and look perfect across any device.
- Automatic, fully-branded review requests and reminders.
- Review score on Shopify: 4.9 out of 5 (8607 reviews).
Fera Product Reviews
Fera Product Reviews is a fairly new app in the product reviews category. Similar to the other applications, Fera lets users create customized email messages to send automated review requests to clients and merchants can show product reviews, photo reviews, video reviews and testimonials.
But there are also some other features that make this application interesting. Fera lets merchants display “Verified Shopper” badges against customers who have purchased something before reviewing, therefore keeping fake reviews easily under control and lowering the amount of time spent in moderation. Like Loox, Fera too lets merchants offer incentives for each review, such as loyalty points, discounts and cashback.
Fera might be especially interesting for new clothing stores that still do not have large amounts of purchases. In fact, the App has a free plan that allows merchants to send up to 10 requests per month for free.
- Request video and photo reviews as well as regular review requests
- Display videos, photos, and products on desktop and mobile devices.
- Product reviews can show up as rich snippets on Google.
- Review score on Shopify: 4.9 out of 5 (4241 reviews).
Stamped has become one of the most sought after product review apps for Shopify stores. It features not just essential functions but also extra ones that can boost sales figures dramatically. For example, you choose which reviews get published, and you can add customer attributes (e.g. fit, age, waist, etc.) to each picture posted, so that new customers get an idea of how the item will fit on a similar body type.
It has also a couple of very interesting “marketing” features: you can create retargeting Ads in both Facebook and Instagram with the review texts, and it allows the social sharing of the positive reviews, to add an element of virality to it.
- Collect reviews from multiple channels: emails, text messages, Facebook Messenger, Ali Express.
- Various widgets to display reviews on the most relevant pages of your shop.
- Prevents sensitive words from appearing in reviews to easily moderate reviews on a large-scale basis.
- Enable SEO-friendly structured data (rich snippets).
- Allow reviews to appear on Google Shopping.
- NPS (net promoter score) tool that measures customers’ satisfaction rate.
- Great analytic tool powered by AI.
- Allowing Q&A on the product page.
- Great customer support. Even the free plan offers 24/7 support.
- Review score on Shopify: 4.8 out of 5 (5623 reviews)
It’s the most affordable app on this list. Nevertheless, it’s not just a simple review tool, it also provides a lot of interesting extra features, such as the possibility to schedule review requests. What impresses us the most about Judge.me is that they have a truly amazing free plan with actual useful features. If you’re looking for an app that’s free and easy to use, then check it out!
With Judge.me you can aggregate customer feedback into one place, allowing you to send out automated emails to customers who leave negative feedback. You may then decide to showcase your reviews either by using a widget, a carousel, or a dedicated review page.
Your customers’ reviews are automatically tagged with rich snippet markup and are therefore useful for enhancing your website’s SEO. The app also allows store owners to create a Q&As section on their product pages, or use custom forms to initiate conversations on product-related issues.
- Best free plan amongst all review Apps, with plenty of interesting functions.
- Supports 34 languages.
- 24/7 support for both free & paid plans.
- Average review badge, 6 different review medals to showcase reviews’ quality and quantity, Q&A, CSS customization.
- Rich snippets and Google Shopping.
- Review score on Shopify: 5 out of 5 (5618 reviews).
Ali Reviews’ most interesting feature consists in the advanced targeting options available on the platform. This means that merchants can display the most relevant reviews depending on the behavior of the user in the store (products added in the shopping cart, products viewed etc.) or their personal information (geo, AOV,purchase history etc.). This can mean for example showing reviews from the US only to a new user from the same region, resulting in an increase in relevance and therefore higher likelihood to convert.
The App is easily customized with a drag-and-drop functionality, and can send review requests via email, SMS, Facebook Messenger, DM, or any sales channels.
- Request scheduling and bulk review requests.
- Rich Snippets for improved SEO results.
- Automated publishing of reviews to Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
- Pop up reviews from recent buyers to attract visitors.
- No coding required, automatic integration with Shopify Online Store 2.0 themes.
Rivyo Product Reviews & Q&A
Rivyo is another interesting option. Not only does it allow you to set up a review channel for your customers, but you can also import reviews from AliExpress, Etsy, Amazon or a .CSV file. The free version is a bit limited, but it still allows merchants to post customer images together with their texts, and features a built-in Q&A functionality that allows a consumer to ask a question before they make a purchase.
- Real-time dashboard reporting.
- Display reviews anywhere on the website as if they are testimonial.
- Hide the review label for products that have no reviews.
- Review score on Shopify: 4.9 out of 5 (1755 reviews).
Shopify product reviews
The Shopify Review app is created by the company’s own in-house team to help facilitate customer reviews on its site and comprehensively covers all of the basics when it comes to managing reviews. This means that the App allows merchants to add a product review section on every product page, and add Rich Snippets to the Google search listings.
The app can be fully customized to match the store look and feel: it allows you to edit layout, colors and text without having to touch the code. The app also helps you manage reviews, which you can hide, answer and filter.
This app is free, and is relatively easy to use. Even though it does not boast as many features as some other apps such as those presented so far, it is a good starting point for new users as it requires very little effort to set up and manage.
- Review score on Shopify: 3.5 out of 5 (1574 reviews)
Conclusion: the best review app for Shopify is…
To grow a Shopify store successfully, gathering and promoting great reviews from customers is vital. On the Shopify App Store there are some great Apps to choose from, but so far we find that Judge.io is the best option for growing businesses. Features are very generous even on the free plan and the paid version is affordable and reliable.
On top of adding a product review app, you might want to prevent negative reviews due to sizing with a comprehensive size recommender like Sizefox. Free of charge and with a 15-minute set up, it might be your best option when it comes to keeping your shoppers happy!